The denture is an organ that arises after birth; usually, this process is carried out from six months of life. Despite this, there are some cases in which the delivery of teeth occurs before the established time; this case is known as “neonatal teeth.” This variation begins with the appearance of the lower central teeth and later upper. The eruption is mainly due to genetic, endocrinologist issues, infections, or syndromes that, together with external factors, can produce the early emergence of the denture.
The handling of the teeth depends a lot on various factors, so it is recommended the extraction of teeth as it can cause problems in the baby, such as respiratory deficiencies, injuries to the mother when breastfeeding, and also the baby can self-injury, having wounds in the oral cavity or different parts of his body because he can bite.
For an extraction to be performed, it is important to consider:
1) Mobility – This refers to how much mobility neonatal babies and tooth implantation have caused.
2) Suction- Many times, when there is this dental variation, there can be difficulties at the time of eating, so it is necessary to analyze if the suction is being carried correctly.
3) Interference- As there are inconveniences in the suction, it can make the feeding process more difficult since the child doesn’t know how to handle the dental structure.
4) Hyperdontia– Commonly known as “too many teeth,” are those that exceed the numerical amount of the dental structure, so it can cause asymmetry in the teeth that are just about to emerge.
The dentist in Tijuana must carefully analyze the oral cavity because if the dentist determines that there is no problem in the early appearance of the teeth, there will be no need to remove them. The extraction will only be performed when it causes future issues in the baby.
Afterward, the dentist will carry out treatment according to the oral health of the child. Some of the procedures that can opt the dentist is:
- Polish the teeth so that there are no edges that can hurt the mother or baby.
- Cover the top of the teeth with resin to avoid injury.
- If extraction is decided upon, it will be recommended as of the second week to avoid trauma to the child.
Possibly, in the beginning, there may be some mobility in the tooth, but after weeks, the tooth is fortified to lose movement.
To do the removal of the tooth, not much material will be needed; frequently, only the use of local anesthesia and a unique tool for its replacement will be used.
So we can point out that if the baby has the early appearance of dental structures, earlier than usual, it is important to go to the dentist so that he can analyze and determine the oral status of the baby because the emergence of these teeth can be an indication of the state of those permanent teeth. If this is causing problems for the mother and the baby, the extraction will be recommended, or treatment will be chosen so that it doesn’t cause injuries to the child.
From childhood we are taught that the most important thing is always going to be our family and that we have to always look after . . .
Now more than ever before, online Spanish classes for high school credit is a popular option embraced by parents around the country. With the evolution . . .